Code of Ethics & Qualifications
It is important to us that clients know that we seek to uphold professional standards in all the work that we do. Our founder, Julie Cresswell, completed her coaching diploma with the Coaching Academy and was awarded a distinction for this. She is an ongoing member of the Coaching Academy and also an associate member of the Association of Coaching from whom she receives regular group supervision. During supervision or other situations where she discusses her work client identity is anonymised. She and her team work according to a the Association of Coaching's Code of Ethics and receive regular coaching and supervision themselves.
Any work undertaken with clients is contracted on the following basis:
- The client should be aware that the coaching is in no way to be construed as psychological counselling or any type of therapy.
- Coaching results are not guaranteed. The client enters into the coaching with the full understanding that they are responsible for creating their own results.
- Further information regarding the difference between coaching, mentoring, counselling and other forms of help guidance or support is available on request.
- If the coach ever says or does anything in a session that the client doesn’t feel comfortable with or the client has any concerns with the way things are working, please let the coach know as soon as possible.
- For the work together to be effective, honesty between the client and the coach is essential.
- Ideally, the client will complete the sessions agreed at the outset but if for some reason the client feels the need to withdraw they are free to do so. Please let the coach know so that a de-briefing session can be arranged. This helps to ensure a positive closure to the experience.
- The coach recognises that anything the client shares is regarded as confidential, whether it is business or personal information. The coach undertakes not to, at any time, (unless required to do so by law*), either directly or indirectly, use or disclose any information shared with her during the sessions.
If you have any further questions about any of this please feel very welcome to get in touch.